- The grant is intended to help with installation of wheelchair ramp and 3 handicap parking spaces that are ADA compliant. Plus, to purchase of a new shed to store food.
- Our dream is to purchase a 16′ cargo trailer and transform it into a food truck housing a fully functional commercial kitchen for our Hot meals on Wheels program. This will allow us to enhance our ministry through a daily hot meal service.
- Our Food pantry is seeking funds for a energy efficient refrigeration and freezer system to better serve the community with safe and healthy food.
- Our pantry has been faithfully serving the community for 25 years. We are open twice a month and serve close to 200 families every month.
- Our food pantry brings food, hope, and encouragement to individual facing food insecurity. We serve our neighbors as God asked us to do in Isaiah 58 and do our part in repairing and rebuilding broken lives within our community.
- This mobile ministry will meet the homeless where they are with the intention of creating a value statement for the most vulnerable and leading them into a regeneration program. We are seeking to minister to their needs in a clean professional manner that would give them hope to seek Jesus in their life.
- Provide the broadest array of healthy and diverse food with a high nutritional value.
-Meet the needs of a client base transcending all ages, cultures, and health conditions.
- Striving to revive the hope of individuals by providing crisis assistance as well as training that will empower them to obtain better employment and independence from state or other outside assistance.
- Remain open all year round because so many people regardless of their status are in need of help.
-Increase the amount of perishable food.
-We want to gather 3 more volunteers in order to serve more in our community.
- Our food pantry fills the hunger gap by providing a curbside food panty, mobile food pantry and project FUEL – a school hunger relief program for student.
- We provide Emergency rent and utilities assistance, mental health counseling by two professionals, Free eye clinic and prescription glasses. The Dept of Social Services has an extension office at our ACS Center to provide food supplement, medical assistance for aged, blind, and disable, and more.
- Feeding the homeless at three designate locations with our mobile Hot Meals on Wheels program.
- Pantry Director – MBA, receiving team member, volunteer coordinator and program manager.
- Crisis assistance volunteers with experience in this line of work. Completion of training by the DSS agent in the SAIL program and approved by the state. A Spanish translator for both the DSS agent and the crisis assistance volunteers. DDS Agent. Pastor as the director and project manger.
- Personal Ministry Director that was once on the streets dealing with drug addiction. Several members consistently serving for the past 3 years.
- Several members live within 3 miles of the church and have property to park the trailer when not in use. We have several willing members who own trucks and will rote the responsibility of the driving of the trailer for Hot Meals on Wheels ministry.
- Our church provides in-kind support for the space for our Food pantry. The pantry uses 4 classroom size room, 1 room for an office and volunteer break room, a storage room with a walk-in freezer and cooler.
- We have more than 3,000 square feet of space for our community ministries.
-We have office spaces for the Director and the crisis assistance volunteers.
-Classroom spaces for ESL and computer lab.
- Bonded Construction Contractor will provide the architectural, design, permit, and carpentry installation of the project. They will provide excavation and installation of ADA parking spaces. Facilities Director will provide review, recommendations, inspections, and evaluation of the project. The Director of the center will be the project manger for the entire project. Review and proposals will be presented to the Center Board for final approval.
- Several church members have mechanical and engineering backgrounds. One member has a large warehouse facility where the trailer can be converted into a mobile food kitchen. Another member is law enforcement and is processing all the necessary permits. We need 5 volunteers per shift to run the Hot Meals on Wheels. We will measure the effectiveness of our ministry by tracking the number of meals we serve each day, the number of people who join our 12-step program, and the number of those who graduate from the program.
- Our pantry is open twice a month and will would like to sign up 5-7 volunteers to help meet the food demand in our community. Our volunteers will learn how to treat and serve our clients hot to properly stock the shelves, and how to report electronically. Evaluation will be measured by the amount of people we are serving, increase of volunteers, and guest surveys.
- Funding Income (Amount)
Local Church – $1,000
Local Conference – $1,000
Other Income – $6,981
NAD ACS Seed grant Request – $10,000
Amount on hand – $8,981
Total – $18,981
- Food pantry & Diaper room Infrastructure – $11,741
- Installation & Renovation – $4,000
- Sea Container – $3,240
Total Expenses – $18,981
- Funding Income
Local Church – $1,000
Local Conference – $500
Other Income – $0.00
NAD ACS Seed grant Request – $7,500
Amount on hand – $2,500
Total – $10,000
- Food Pantry Building Extension – $3,500
- Six HP Desktop Computers – $750
- Two Mobile Shelving Carts – $588
- 2 Commercial Stainless Steel work benches – $600
- Commercial Grade refrigerator/freezer combo – $2,300
Total Expenses – $7,738
Letter of Supports
- It is my pleasure to endorse the [church/center name]. Their application was received and reviewed by our office. I hereby support and agree with the financial amount of $1,000 and acknowledge they are an ACS ministry and not an independent ministry. The center has been meeting the basic needs of the community for 20 years.
[Name of Conference Treasurer]
- It is my pleasure to endorse the [church/center name]. Their application was received and reviewed by our office. I hereby support and agree with the financial amount of $1,000 and acknowledge they are an ACS ministry and not an independent ministry. The center strives to meet the needs of the people whom they serve and meeting their needs of the community for 20 years.
[Name of Conference ACS Director]
- It is my pleasure to endorse the Seed Grant of the [Name] Seventh-day Adventist Church. Their application was received and reviewed by our office. I hereby support and agree with the financial amount of $1,250.00 that is listed on the application and acknowledge they are an Adventist Community Services ministry and not an independent ministry.
[Name of Conference Executive Secretary]