SEED GRANT APPLICATIONS
ACS Seed Grants are awarded to ACS programs in the U.S. and Bermuda
and are intended to encourage innovation and increased humanitarian
service in the community.
LETTER OF ENDORSEMENT (Sample)
Eligible ACS programs must be a church-based ministry associated with one or more local Adventist churches. The funded projects will establish a new ACS ministry or improve an existing one.
1. Eligible Expenses
- The Seed Grant assists with capital purchases only. For example: equipment, tables, shelving or computers – items which will be used repeatedly to serve multiple clients.
- The cost of supplies associated with renovating spaces primarily used for ACS ministries are also eligible for funds. This does not include permits or labor costs.
- Seed Grant funds cannot be used for operating expenses such as utilities, purchase of a building, salaries or rent.
- Other expenses may be included in your budget to demonstrate the scope of the project, but only eligible capital expenses will be considered for funding.
- The Seed Grant is a partnership between three contributing entities:
- NAD ACS: Approved request will receive awards of up to 75% of the eligible project expenses with a maximum of $10,000 per request.
- Local Church and Conference: Working together, these local entities will fund at least 25% of the budget. While there is no minimum amount required of each entity, they should both be represented. The financial commitments of each will be taken into account during the review process.
- Funds may be applied for every three years.
Portal Openings for 2024
- January 17, 2024
- July 11, 2024
- October 3, 2024
ONLINE Application Portal – 2/6/24 – The portal is now CLOSED for January/February applications. We have received the maximum limit.
- First, contact your local Conference ACS Director to discuss your project and goals. Work with them throughout your proposal process.
- Start working on a draft proposal here:
ACS Seed Grant Working doc template English
ACS Seed Grant Working doc template-SPANISH
- Once you have the draft working template, the letters of recommendations, then you can copy and paste information for the online application. Link open 4 weeks before deadlines.
- If your proposal is successful, a check for the awarded funds will be sent to the local conference office who will forward it to the local church.
- All ACS Seed Grant recipients are required to submit a follow-up report within 6 months of receiving the funds.