The Community Services & Urban Ministry Certification Program: This community-based program equips participants to be engaged with critical service learning to create a sustainable impact in their communities.
The curriculum contains 15 modules with teaching notes and an accompanying Powerpoint presentation that instructors anywhere in the world can adapt and present to locals who desire to be better equipped to serve their communities. This curriculum lays the groundwork for comprehensive community-based ministry, where it be from a local church or from a nonprofit organization.
“This course was a great eye opener especially since I’m very interested in community service, disaster preparedness and assistance, etc. I have been encouraging others to take this course as well.” – Donna C.
- Theological, Historical, and Ethical Concepts of Holistic Ministry
- Community Assessment and Social Capital
- Performance Measurement for Effective Ministry
- Ministry Development and Strategic Planning
- Volunteer Engagement/Human Resources
- Finances and Accountability
- Fundraising Fundamentals
- Grant Proposal Writing
- Risk Management and Legal Issues
- Going Public – Representing the Adventist Church
- Medical Missionary Work – Comprehensive Health Ministry
- Organizational Leadership and Team Development
- Ministering Across Cultures
- Urban Mission and Centers of Influence
- Essentials of Church Disaster Preparedness and Response
Module 16 of the Community Services & Urban Ministry Certification Program (CSUM) will be done
in person, in real-time, with a facilitator in a classroom utilizing the Flipped Classroom learning model.