UPDATE – DECEMBER 14, 2021
The recent Midwest tornadoes have left communities with considerable damage to homes and property, closed roads, power outage, and numerous fatalities. ACS directors in the affected conferences have spent many hours connecting with members of their Disaster Response team to determine the needs that ACS might be able to assist with. These needs include warehouse management, mobile distribution of goods, and debris removal.
- Kentucky-Tennessee Conference – Partnering with local churches in the Kentucky area to help with debris removal and putting together a Warehouse Management team.
- South Central Conference – Preparing to deploy Warehouse teams in Kentucky and Tennessee as needed.
- Arkansas-Louisiana Conference – Forming multiple teams that will deliver goods throughout the affected areas in Arkansas.
- Lake Region Conference – Conducting a needs assessment in Illinois.
Please remember the communities affected by this tragedy, as well as those responding to the needs.
On December 10, 2021, a deadly tornado moved across Western Kentucky, causing havoc on numerous towns in the state. Crossing through twelve counties during its lifespan, the tornado was exceptionally long-tracked, traveling over 200 miles that produced a series of strong tornadoes in five other states, as well. At least 45 fatalities have been confirmed, although the total death toll is estimated to be nearly 100. It is declared to be the largest tornado recorded in history.
North American Division Adventist Community Services (NAD ACS) has been in communication with the ACS Disaster Response leaders in the states of Kentucky, Tennessee, Illinois, Arkansas, Missouri, and Mississippi. Currently, Kentucky appears to be the State most heavily impacted. Assessment is taking place at present and some of our conferences, Kentucky-Tennessee, South Central, Arkansas-Louisiana, and Georgia- Cumberland, are actively putting together their teams for work. The Kentucky-Tennessee Conference is purchasing supplies to aid in the Relief Efforts. We are also staying connected to the Emergency Management in the affected areas.
If you would like to make a monetary donation towards the tornado relief efforts, please see the links below.
- Kentucky-Tennessee Conference – https://adventistgiving.org/#/org/ANTIII/envelope/start
Select ‘community services‘. (You can find this option by clicking “more offering categories” under “Conference/Union”)
- South Central Conference – https://adventistgiving.org/#/org/ANTPPP/envelope/start
Under Conference/union – choose ‘more offering categories‘ and select ACS – Disaster Response
- Arkansas-Louisiana Conference – https://adventistgiving.org/#/org/ANW444/envelope/start
You can choose ‘Disaster Relief‘ for either Louisiana or Arkansas.