What is ACS Disaster Response?
Adventist Community Services volunteers provide disaster response services through the ACS Disaster Response Ministry to assist individuals, families and communities affected by natural disasters and unforeseen tragedies.
Who comprises the ACS Disaster Response Ministry?
The ACS Disaster Response Ministry is comprised of volunteers who form local disaster response teams that are organized by state disaster response coordinators. These state coordinators and teams assist regional disaster response coordinators to respond to multi-state calamities. The national disaster response coordinator manages the national program.
Who are ACS Disaster Response Partners?
ACS Disaster Response operates under a Statement of Understanding with the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the American Red Cross and many state emergency management agencies. It is also a founding member of the inter-agency compact called National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (NVOAD). ACS is also a member of most state VOADs.
The following services are provided to assist disaster survivors and their families, disaster responders, and affected communities in cooperation with ACS Disaster Response partners:
- Emergency distribution of relief and recovery supplies - a service that provides goods to survivors and responders such as drinking water, groceries, clothing and much more.
- Warehouse operations - a service in which volunteers sort, package and store donated goods for distribution.
- Community collection centers - locations where goods are collected to assist communities affected by disasters.
- Donations Management Consultants - ACS subject matter experts in donations management provide assistance and input to other organizations in addition to local, state and federal agencies.
- Crisis Care - emotional and spiritual care is provided for disaster survivors, their relatives, neighbors, and responders.
ACSDR Local Church Coordinator (11/4/10) - Click here
National Disaster Response Plan - click here
Stress Reactions & Coping Tools for Disaster - click here
Clothing Sizing Charts
Warehouse Safety Video - Part 1
Directory of Disaster Response & Recovery Resources (PDF file)
Help after a Disaster (Guide to the Individuals & Households Program.
|Disaster Response Training Modules|
|Disaster Tip Sheets|